I am Toby

Hi there! My name is Toby. I'm 3 parts Poodle, 1 part Shih Tzu and all brown fur. I live with Daddy John, Mommy Michele and Mommy's sister Crystal. Daddy and Mommy absolutely adore me, although I don't quite know what to think when Daddy calls me '3 black dots in a sea of brown'. I think it's a reference to my black eyes and big black nose. Welcome to my little blog. I'll try to update it as often as possible to keep your little doggy paws out of mischief. Woof!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Skin Allergy

Some time ago, Daddy and Mommy got lazy. They've ran out of puppy food for me, and turned to Bailey's brand of food to feed me. It was delicious, and I was happy.

However some days later I developed a skin rash. It didn't itch though, but I could feel the blotchy bits on my skin. My furry brown fur covered up the rash, so Daddy and Mommy weren't aware of it.

Until Mommy felt a lump a week into my 'rash'. She likes playing with me and on that day, she took a particular interest in my fur. Like a monkey, she began preening it, until she felt the lump.

Alarmed, Mommy contacted Daddy, who rushed home from his Catalyst magazine commitments. Talk about love! Daddy and Mommy couldn't see the rash beneath all the fur, and brought me to the vet the next day.

Turns out, the brand of food I ate wasn't best friends with my body and it reacted with my system.

Mr Vet had to shave off the bits of fur that covered my rash. I didn't look really good after that. Daddy and Mommy loved my soft fur, and decided to keep what's left of the fur, chest up.







I love you Daddy and Mommy, for spotting my skin allergy. But please, only my favourite puppy food in future!

*woof*

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger JaG said...

Wow! I didn't know food could do that to a dog! Good thing you caught it when you did! I hope he's rash free now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home